Updated 24 August 2014
I decided to publish an image for the Raspberry Pi B+ to help other amateurs. The image contains the following software:
- Raspbian Debian Wheezy 20 June 2014
- G4KLX Hotspot / Repeater software consisting of dstarepeater and ircddbgateway
- VNC remote access using x11vnc
The image is suitable for 4GB (or larger) SD cards. The download size of the [compressed] image is around 900MB.
After you have downloaded the image you need to install it on the SD card. Below is a list of links that explain how to install the image using various operating systems:
Once your RaPi has booted you should follow these instructions to expand the file system to the size of your SD card.
Complete Hotspot setup instructions in this article.
A few more details about the image:
- Passwords - are set to raspberry (VNC, user pi, root)
- Hostname - is set to rapi
- Network - the inbuilt ethernet interface (eth0) is configured to acquire a DHCP address on the local network
- HDMI output - is set to 1680x1050 (hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=58) with force hotplug enabled (hdmi_force_hotplug=1). Note: this could be a problem if you intend to use the composite video output (instead of HDMI connector).
- The system image was generated by following these instructions.
- The image has an additional user account configured for support purposes. Access to this account is blocked by default but it allows you to give me access to your RaPi so I can assist you if required - contact me by email (vk3erw at gmail dot com) if you need assistance.