Once you have the G4KLX D-Star hotspot/repeater commissioned on the Raspberry Pi you should back up your configuration files.
If you have access to the Desktop this process is not difficult:
- On the desktop, launch the File Manager (2nd Icon from bottom left hand corner) PCManFM
- Menu -> View -> Select "Show Hidden"
- Go to /etc folder (you can enter the directory path in the top tool bar)
- Plug in a USB stick (formatted with MS-DOS FAT32 will work, I haven't tested other formats)
- A desktop notification window will appear to advise "Removable medium is inserted".
- Select "Open in File Manager" and click "OK"
- You will now have a second File Manager window showing the contents of the USB stick.
- Drag the file "ircddbgateway" from the /etc folder into the USB stick folder
- Do the same for the file "dstarrepeater"
- Click the eject icon next to the USB in the left hand navigation pane.
- I get an error message at this point but the USB is ejected.
Congratulations, you now have a backup of your D-Star repeater and Gateway configuration.